Call Us 1-608-781-7385
Note: These are general installation instructions, complete instructions (Wall installation) are included with your purchase). Moore Pet will post these as soon as they are available.
Please Read all Instructions before drilling or cutting.
1. See Owners Manual and Bottom of this Template for correct VERTICAL position of the pet door for your pet's height.
2. Position the template vertically, align it absolutely plumb and tape it securely to the INSIDE of the house door.
3. With a Center Punch and Hammer make a firm indent through the template into the door at the center crosses of all 14 holes. Then remove and save the template.
4. Using a 1/2" Drill Bit, make the four corner holds (MARKED A), drilling right through the door. Ease back on your pressure as the drill breaks through. (A Unibit is the best for going through a steel sheet metal door. But, a regular drill bit will work.)
5. Using an 1/8ï¿½ Drill Bit, make 10 holes (MARKED B & C), drilling no more than 3/4" deep.
6. Using a Felt Tip Pen and Straight Edge, mark on the INSIDE of the door the thick dashed sawing guide lines (MARKED ï¿½Dï¿½).
7. Lay down Masking Tape on the OUTSIDE of the cut lines. This will help keep the paint from being scratched or chipped during cutting by the shoe of the jig saw.
8. Using a Jig Saw, cut an opening through the door ALONG THE SAW LINES. Remove the protective masking tape from inside of the door.
9. Place the PLEXIDOR into the opening which should clear it and allow the pet door TO LIE FLAT against the door.
10. Hold the pet door in place, checking that is sides are exactly VERTICAL and tape the upper portion in place using Duct Tape.
11. Using two of the large, #10 screws, mount the PLEXIDOR on the inside of the door using the holes marked ï¿½Bï¿½.
12. Confirm that the PLEXIDOR is still plumb.
13. Check the fit and position of the exterior trim pieces, but do not mount them.
14. Adjust position of PLEXIDOR if necessary. Once you are sure everything is lined up, you may use the remaining eight large, #10 screws to fasten the PLEXIDOR in place. Remove the duct tape.
15. Refit the outside trim pieces in place. If the door has a sheet steel skin, use the 3/32 drill bit to pre-drill the holes. If the door is wood, do not bother pre-drilling. Please do it in the following order:
A. Pre-drill and fasten the bottom trim with two small, #6 screws.
B. Pre-dill and fasten the two side trim pieces with three small, #6 screws in each.
C. Pre-drill and fasten the rain gutter (ï¿½Jï¿½ shaped piece) with two small, #6 screws.
16. A. CAULKING DOOR UNITS:
Use a standard caulk in a color that matches your application. DO NOT use an adhesive, bonding ï¿½caulkï¿½. Put a THIN bead of caulk on the OUTSIDE and INSIDE edges of the three EXTERNAL TRIM members and the top edge of the RAIN GUTTER.
16 B. CAULKING WALL UNITS:
Use the clear silicone caulk that is included in your wall kit. Put a THIN bead of caulk on the OUTSIDE and INSIDE edges of the EXTERIOR FRAME. Please see detailed all installation instructions included in your wall kit.